About the Role
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will assist in ensuring that the company receives payment for goods and services provided to clients.
· Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
· Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
· Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
· Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
· Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
· Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Collections Manager and other staff.
· Collaborates with the Collections Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
· Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
· Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
· Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
· Relays changes of information to appropriate employees and is team oriented.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required; associate or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
· At least two years of related experience required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs.
· Ability to operate related office equipment, such as computers, 10-key calculator, and copier.
· Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
About the Company
Texas Welding Company, LLC is a welding and fabrication company servicing Waco and all other locations in Central Texas. We are AWS D1.1 & D1.8 Certified. This certification verifies our work is of highest quality and have passed the American Welding Society's standards. We work hard to make sure top quality service is delivered on every job no matter how big or small. Working with us ensures your project will have the most reliable, professional, and experienced welding crew you could ask for.